The NSW Council hope you will find the following links to be useful: Blogs
Blog posts on advice for economists:
- Mankiw’s advice for aspiring economists
- The Economic Society on the benefits of studying economics
- Mankiw weighs up the costs and benefits of an economics PhD. Noah Smith goes into more detail on the virtues of an economics PhD and also provides advice on how to get into a program.
- A survey of the labour market for PhDs.
- For commentary on Australian issues Core economics is very good : http://economics.com.au/
- LSE Podcasts
Disclaimer The ESA NSW does not endorse any particular consulting firm, blog or data provider. Please enjoy these links at your own risk. The list of links The ESA NSW is happy to provide links to any site that the Council deems provides content consistent with the objectives of the Society. The Council reserves the right to exercise its discretion in making these decisions, and will consider a range of factors, including – in addition to the Objectives of the Society – the quality of the content at the link and its reputation. If you have suggestions for this list, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org