WEN Panel Event: Engaging with the media
From: Thursday October 31, 2019, 5:00 pm
To: Thursday October 31, 2019, 7:00 pm
The NSW WEN is hosting our next panel event on “engaging with the media”.
To address the imbalance in female representation in the economics profession in the media, our exciting panel will share their insights on how to engage with the media and build your profile. Our panel will include economists with experience talking to the media, and representatives from the media who regularly engage with economists.
Topics to be discussed include:
- what the media is looking for when finding experts, how they identify contacts, and how they use media releases and social media as a source for stories
- building your brand and profile
- how areas of journalism differ in engaging with economists
The panel will each speak briefly on their experiences, followed by plenty of time for Q&A, so bring your questions!
Our panel is confirmed as
- Leigh Tonkin - ABC online
- Adam Creighton - the Australian
- Natalie MacDonald - LinkedIn media
- Dale Drinkwater- producer, the Drum
- Belinda Allen - Senior Economist, CBA
Nibbles and drinks will be provided.
Admission Fee: No cost for members $10 for non members (join or renew your membership now)
Members will need to be log in first so that you can attend free of charge
Bookings are now closed
225 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000