Forecasting conference - Outlook for policy, politics and markets
From: Wednesday February 12, 2020, 7:30 am
To: Wednesday February 12, 2020, 10:00 am
Get your new year going with the outlook for financial markets and public policy.
The number of seats available is strictly limited.
Members $25, Non-members $75. Renew or join to save.
Registration is essential. Please register online here.
- Alexandra Heath, Reserve Bank of Australia;
- Gorana Grgic, University of Sydney;
- Emma Herd, Investor Group on Climate Change;
- Nicki Hutley, Deloitte Access Economics;
- Alex Joiner, IFM Investors;
- Brian Redican, NSW Treasury Corporation;
- Leanne Taylor, CBUS Super
Please note: AFMA accredited individuals can claim up to a maximum of three hours of continuing education based on their attendance at the conference. Exact hours depend upon relevance to each individual’s job role and can be determined by checking with your AFMA accreditation representative.
07:15 Registration opens - Light breakfast
07:45 Welcome and introduction
Mr Stephen Walters, Chair, Australian Business Economists & Chief Economist, New South Wales
07:50 Statement on monetary policy - Observations
Dr Alexandra Heath, Head of Economic Analysis, Reserve Bank of Australia
08:20 Elections in America: Implications for Australia
Dr Gorana Grgic, Lecturer, University of Sydney
08:50 Climate change: Risk, opportunity
Ms Emma Herd, Chief Executive Officer, Investor Group on Climate Change
09:20 Outlook for the economy and financial markets - Panel discussion
Moderated by Dr Alexandra Heath, Head of Economic Analysis, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Ms Nicki Hutley, Partner, Deloitte Access Economics
- Dr Alex Joiner, Chief Economist, IFM Investors
- Mr Brian Redican, Chief Economist, NSW Treasury Corporation
- Ms Leanne Taylor, Head of Macroeconomics and Markets Research, CBUS Super
Mr Stephen Walters, Chair, Australian Business Economists
65 Martin Place, SYDNEY NSW 2000