Opportunities with the Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF)
The Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) provides specialist fiscal, economic and statistical advice and services to the Northern Territory (NT) Government to ensure long-term economic development through effective management of public sector resources.
The Economic Group (EG) is a division of DTF. Its role is to advise the Treasurer and the Government on economic and commercial issues affecting the Territory. It comprises four business units: Commercial and Economic Policy, Economic Analysis, Utilities Reform and Intergovernmental Relations.
An opportunity currently exists in the Economic Group (EG). As a Principal Analyst(AO7) you will:
- Undertake detailed research, investigation and analysis of policies and issues affecting the Northern Territory including from commercial, corporate governance, economic policy and/or regulatory reform perspectives.
- Assist in the preparation of policies, and provision of advice including development of high level reports, Cabinet submissions, briefing notes and ministerial correspondence.
- Provide advice on, and assist in the formulation and implementation of, commercial, economic policy, regulatory and/or economic reform initiatives.
- Represent Treasury on working groups, evaluation panels, etc. as required.
- Supervise junior staff as required
For detailed selection criteria please see the job description
For further details please visit our Careers website, email firstname.lastname@example.org contact Emily Pearse, Assistant Director (Commercial and Economic Policy) on 08 8999 6627.
Applications close on 14 January 2019 and should be submitted via the Careers in Government website.